A hospitality recruitment consultant is the bridge between the client and the candidate, and there are a number of things the consultant must be/do if they want to be successful in this demanding industry.
- ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
- STAY ORGANISED
- KNOW THE MARKET
- CONFIDENCE IN WHAT YOU DO
- BE DECISIVE
- RECOGNISING WHAT THE CLIENT AND CANDIDATE NEEDS
Every client will work differently some will want a lengthy conversation about their requirements and concerns others will prefer and email or even at times a text! This does of course link with knowing the market and understanding for example that a Head Chef will not want a call in the middle of service. It is also knowing that the same Head Chef may not want to converse much at all, this is more knowing the individual. Mistakes will be made as we can only go from experience of the individual yet following the general rule of times not to call certain departments will absolutely help you on your way to gaining their confidence that you can empathise with their daily stresses. Understanding the personality you are dealing with and who your candidate will be reporting to will help you find the right placements based on their skill and attitude.
Every candidate will have specific needs and it is as simple as having a system where you can note this down so that when you are placing them you know this works for them. Being aware of their situation out of work and the routes they will need to travel will help you make decisions and minimise risk of unnecessary cancellations/delays.
- ACTIVELY LISTEN TO EACH OTHER
- BUILD RELATIONSHIPS ON INTEGRITY AND HONESTY
- FOCUS ON YOUR AMBITION AND DETERMINATION TO SUCCEED
- LET YOUR PASSION SHINE THROUGH
- THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX
- KEEP CALM
- Keep positive, there’s always a solution you might just need to bounce some ideas around.
- You’ve organised your diary, all the tools to reaching your goals are in front of you.
- You know the market and you are confident, trust your decisions and believe in yourself!
- Remember what the client needs and keep this in mind when looking for solutions.
- Keep the client in the loop – remember honestly and integrity.
- Listen to them and their concerns and let them hear your passion and determination.
- Time to think outside that box and use your unique skills based on knowledge only you have.
- Which brings us back to keeping calm……and carrying on!
Overall, it is important for recruiters to represent and reflect their brand and company’s ethos. We are lucky that each of our recruitment consultants at Renard share a huge passion for what we do and in turn get to work with some of the hospitality’s top clients and candidates.
Megan McGuiness - Recruitment Consultant
Through this approach we are able to offer you candidate-centred recruitment.Read more
We can offer you flexible hours, so you choose when you want to work.Read more
We hope to help people reach new opportunities and develop themselvesRead more